Unsung Heroes

I’m intrigued. This week I found myself pondering whom we as a society revere and admire. Celebrities, Sport Stars, Entertainers, people in the public eye. Not only who they are, but also why we admire them so much.  In this world of people being famous literally for being famous (and nothing else), what is it that fascinates us about them? Now don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of people that fall into these categories that deserve our respect, but this then got me thinking about all the unsung heroes who don’t get the same kind of recognition but are truly deserving of it, those who don’t seek out all the camera’s and publicity. Those who are genuinely good people doing their jobs and making a true difference in our world.

Off the top of my head, how about:

The teacher who gives us the best possible start in life

The Doctors, Nurses and Paramedics that take care of us when we’re sick

The surgeons who perform life saving operations

The Police Officers and Military Soldiers that sacrifice themselves to keep the 3% of people from doing wrong to the remaining 97% of us

The fire fighters that risk their lives every day to save our lives

The researchers and scientists trying to find cures for deadly diseases

These are the true heroes in my book.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave A Reply